Sunday, January 31, 2016

Typography

Hello!

In this lab we made a basic map of Florida, focused in on the southern tip and the Keys, in ArcMap and then exported it in an AI extension to continue the rest of the lab in Adobe Illustrator. There, we were tested on the typography guidelines we learned from reading chapter 11 in our textbook. We were to correctly label and locate certain Keys, cities, water bodies, and parks & city features. We were required to use previous knowledge and experience with AI to also add in other features, such as essential map elements, a color scheme, an inset map, and 3 personal customizations.



My Map:
This is a map that shows certain water bodies, keys, parks, city features, and cities of the Florida Keys. I used ArcMap to create the basic map, inset map, and scale bar. Then, I exported my map with an ai extension and continued my work in Adobe Illustrator. There, I added in all the required features, used unique symbology for each one, correctly labeled them, and further customized by using three different fonts and colors to distinguish them from one another. I also added the blue background to indicate the ocean surrounding the islands. I made my legend in AI with the rectangular tool and included the same symbols as used for my features. I added a simple border to give it an enclosed and finished look.


No comments:

Post a Comment