Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sharing GIS Maps and Data

Hello!

Lab Objectives:
In this lab we learned how to gather and prepare our own data to make a map and how to share that map via the internet through three ways. We made a map package in ArcMap and shared it via the internet by logging into our personal ArcGIS online account in the software and sharing it directly to our accounts, we used our data to make a basic map on the ArcGIS online website under our accounts, and we learned how to convert our maps into a kml file to be used in Google Earth.

Here is a link to the map I made on ArcGIS online: http://arcg.is/20cMi9e

My Experience:
I had a lot of fun making my own data into something usable in ArcMap. I had never made my own data before and I was initially concerned it would be done in some complex way. It was also exciting to see all the different ways we can share our maps and to see what each option had to offer in view-ability and functionality in using our maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment