Tuesday, January 12, 2016

ArcGISOverview

Hello! 

In this introductory lab we were provided with two sets of data in order to build our very first map of the class using ArcMap through eDesktop. The map below shows the location of  major cities around the world as well as the population of each country, by color coding, in the year 2008.

 I was a little daunted at first by the length of the overview guide, but found out it was for a good reason. The guide's length was much needed in providing important details for each step of the way, and because it was so well detailed and written I had a very enjoyable (and quite fun!) experience making my first map. I enjoyed working with the software and found it user-friendly and easy to navigate. I look forward to utilizing this software in future lessons!



No comments:

Post a Comment