Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Geoprocessing with ArcGIS

   In this weeks lab, our objective was to create a toolbox, create a model in that toolbox, and export the model into a script that is usable outside arcmap.

   This flowchart shows the process of how the model-turned -script is run.


   This is what the outcome of the model looks like. The model took two shapefiles (basin and soils), and used the Clip tool to clip the soil type to the basin. Next, the Selection tool was used to select not prime farmland out of the soil types in the basin. Finally, the Erase tool was used to erase the not prime farmland from the basin polygon.

   Here are the steps I took to create the Erase function in my model:

1.       I dragged the Erase tool into my model.
2.       I double-clicked the tool to bring up the dialog box.
3.       I set the Input Features as basin and the Erase Features as my Select_Soils selection. I named the Output Feature Soil_Erase.
4.       I right clicked the Output Feature in the model and clicked Add To Display.
5.       I ran the process. I unchecked the display of all other layers in the dataframe except the Soil_Erase to ensure that the Not Prime Farmland was indeed erased from the basin.

No comments:

Post a Comment