Saturday, May 14, 2016

Introduction to Python

   This lab was an introduction to Python by running a script through PythonWin.

Here is what the script I ran did:
   The script created a new folder for the class called GISProgramming, with 12 folders for each module and three sub-folders in each for various outputs. This saves time from having to tediously create all the folders in one sitting or as the assignments come. It also assures all our folders are similar and easy to navigate through.

Here are the steps I noted while doing the task:

   1.       I copied the script from the R drive into a folder I made in the S drive for the class.
2.       I double-clicked the script to open it. I clicked the Run icon. It ran fast and I didn’t know where to expect to find it. I clicked back to the very beginning of my documents folder and found it there.
3.       I moved it from there to the next page, where I keep my main Data and Documents folders for other classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment