Thursday, September 22, 2016

SWIR Supervised Classification - Angkor Wat

For my training sample of Angkor Wat I used a SWIR (short-wave infrared) composite image. From the USGS Earth Explorer search image options, I choose the Landsat 7 image taken on January 10, 2002. I narrowed down this image to be the clearest of cloud cover. I added nine additional classification features in addition to the temple feature. These are Water (grouped all large bodies of water into this), Urban, Dense Forest, Cloud, Cloud Shadow, Crop (which was hard to separate from ground, urban, and rivers), River, Grassland, and Forest. I created and merged additional samples for Crop, River, and Urban, as these samples created the most issues while classifying. The training sample I took of the temple resulted in several large clusters of potential archaeological sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment